12/21/08

9 + inches....

Now that I have your attention...ha ha ha. So, we have had quite the weather here. It has been snowing on and off for the past week. Yesterday it snowed about 10-12 inches here at our house. Then last night we got about an inch of ice. Now it is snowing again. The county I live in has made it a requirement that you drive with chains or studs. We have neither. We get to stay home. Payton has gone out a couple of times to play in the snow. We bought him some snow clothes finally and he is much warmer that way! But we don't have a sled or anything so it comes down to building a snow man. Yesterday the snow was like powder so it was too hard to make a snowman. We may try again tomorrow.


We did venture out yesterday for our neice's, Brianna, birthday. We met up with sister in law, mother in law and Grandma Kathy (Peters mom) for lunch at Red Robin. It was before the chain requirement was in effect but it was terrible driving conditions and we were glad that we got home when we did. But we had fun while we were there. Let me just say that it does not matter where I go with Aaron, we always seem to run into one person we know or knew. This time as we were getting seated, I hear someone calling for Aaron. Turns out it is a friend that he knew from grade school and junior high. I can't believe that they recognized each other. Weird!! I don't know that any of my old friends would recognize me. lol. Then as we were leaving the restaurant we ran into Shaun Hauser. He is like family to us but we don't get to see him often enough as he works some crazy hours.










Well, that is all of the exciting news that I have for now. Be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. So who was it that Aaron knew from Grade school or Junior High? Those of us that have been around awhile need to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone you already know about....someone Garcia??? You had dinner with him, I guess? I am so horrible with this stuff.

    ReplyDelete